Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Fact: the richer and more famous you are, the more free stuff you get. MTV has released the ingredients of this year's Video Music Awards talent gift bag— the basket of freebies given to musical talent, nominees, presenters, and performers at the award show—and it's a doozy.
Jealous? Don't be. There's a lot of freaking weird stuff in the goodie bag. After the jump, eight of the items celebs will think "WTF?" as they ride off in their limos.
· A copy of Cliffside Malibu's "Ending Addiction for Good"
· A Windows 8-compatible wireless mouse
· A bottle of Katy Perry's scent, Killer Queen
· A package of Ovenly's Old Salties: peanuts roasted in bacon fat, tossed in Old Bay (which actually sound fantastic, but we can't imagine Lady Gaga downing post-performance)
· A copy of "Guy Code: Unleash Your Manhood"
· A Bluetooth-enabled showerhead for streaming music
· A remote shutter for snapping cellphone selfies
· A bottle of Fox's U-bet Chocolate Syrup (playing up that Brooklyn angle, sure, but imagine the big guy in the entourage getting ahold of this in the Escalade... that's a mess)
It isn't all weird, though: celebs will also get a free SoulCycle class and Valentino eyewear. Want your own gift bag? Head to VMA.MTV.com to enter the official giveaway contest.
· Spectacles: VMAs [Racked NY]