Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Cucumber and mint: A.OK Cucumber Mint Candles, $38 for 70 hours at Oak
- Floral tea leaf with mint and lemon: Joya Porcelain Perfume Candle in Gunpowder Green Tea, $55 at Bird
- Sweet and peppery citrus: Malin+Goetz Neroli Candles, $52 for 9oz.
- Sweet grass with jasmine: Love Nature NYC 60 Hour Candle in Grass, $23.20 for 8 oz at By Brooklyn
- Gardenia with citrus and spice: Red Flower Spanish Gardenia, $38 for 6oz.
- Stone fruits and lavender: Frederic Malle Jurassic Flower $85
- Cheerful and powdered: Cire Trudon La Marquise Candle, $85 at Barneys New York
- Sharp ginger and sparkling lime: Dr. Vranjes Ginger e Lime, $52 for 46 hours at MiN New York
As the days start to cool off—slowly but surely—the prospect of lighting a candle seems less like a heat hazard. But much like a wool sweater is a bit aggressive for late August, so are a lot of candle scents. We've selected eight unusual scents that are the transitional knits of candles: interesting and lightweight. Combinations like floral green tea, peppery citrus, and stone fruits with lavender will tide you over 'til it's time to bust out the pine.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]