Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Guys Buys, our new weekly segment dedicated to our male readers and the ladies who shop for them. Each week, our Menswear Specialist Mickey Sery will bring a roundup of seasonal products for men—whether you need some style assistance or just like to shop.
- Bonobos Barton Short in Khaki, $88
- Banana Republic Solid Short in Bright Wine, $49.50
- Zara Ergonomic Bermuda short in Dark Grey, $59.50
- Club Monaco Maddox Short in Sea Blue, $69
- Cadet Admiral short in Khaki, $128
- Theory Beckit Short in Eclipse Stripe, $155
- Rag & Bone Blade short in Black Chambray, $195 at Blue & Cream
- Rogan Narkeeta Short in Grey, $220
It's summer and the heat is on. Fortunately, office environments everywhere are loosening up and permitting guys show a little leg in shorts. This is uncharted territory for many of us, so here's how to pull off shorts at work without looking like a fish out of water.
Firsts off: If you're wearing shorts to work you need to dress them up. Pretend they are pants and wear them with a tucked in shirt, belt and dress shoes (no-show socks are required). Look for a slimmer, more tailored cut than your usual weekend shorts and get them pressed. Your corporate requirements might lay out a certain length to adhere to, but a good rule of thumb is they should end at or hit just above the knee. (You'll also want to start putting some lotion on your legs fresh out of the shower, since no one wants to see some dry leg skin.)
Click through the gallery above for eight appropriate pairs from Banana Republic, Club Monaco, Bonobos, Cadet, and more.
· All Guys Buys Posts [Racked NY]