Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Unfortunately, the act of organizing, transporting, and plating an outdoor hang sesh can be less than, well, a picnic. A crop of well-designed mobile dining solutions have emerged to make the process a little easier (and elegant).
Ditch the Chinet plates and the Solo cups, and take a look at our nine pretty picnic picks, from acrylic wine glasses that could pass for the real thing to a blanket option that's a lot more pleasing to the eye than your old top sheet.
- This waterproof radio will keep the tunes coming, even if it gets splashed. Lexon Tykho Rubber Radio in White, $80 at Gracious Home
- Bamboo utensils that add a shot of color to your spread. Anthropologie Colorblock Picnic Utensils, $14 for a set of twelve
- For those picnics that require a stable surface. Table In A Bag in Red, $22 (from $59) at A&G Merch
- Layer these pretty towels to lay claim to your outdoor movie square footage. Pasha Natural Color Pestemal in Sky, $36.50 at Banyo
- Melamine plate that can take a beating, in park-themed prints. Thomas Paul Portland Plate Set, $80 at Bobby Berk Home
- Sometimes you just need more than one bottle of wine. Pottery Barn Party Bucket, $39
- Stick in grass, enjoy beer sans spills. Crate and Barrel Steady Stick Beer Can Holder, $4.95 (from $9.95) for two
- This cutting board is compact to carry but expands to reveal plenty of space for all your provisions. Picnic Time Cutting Board with Cheese Tools in Old Glory American Flag,
- A non-glass option that beats the pants off of Solo cups. Crate & Barrel Acrylic Stemless Wine Glass, $3.95
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]