Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Why is it that we always forget about the humid part of summer when we're dreaming of long, hot days? Remove an element of stickiness by swapping out your leather handbag for one made of linen, raffia, or canvas. We've rounded up nine summer-appropriate styles—none of which could be confused for a beach bag—for a slightly less adhesive carryall.
- Bags in Progress Drawstring Bag, $240 at French Garment Cleaners
- Clare Vivier Flat Clutch in Canvas and Chevron, $104 at Steven Alan
- Prada Raffia Gardeners Tote,
- Jerome Dreyfuss Jacques Khaki Linen Moka, $685
- Loeffler Randall Striped Woven Raffia Tote,
- Sisal Tote Stripe Flap, $85 at A Cheng
- Swims 48hr Bag in Brown, $299 at Peter Elliot
- Madewell The Canvas Zip Tote, $108.50 (from $128)
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]