Soho boutique American Two Shot has been labeled the "next Opening Ceremony" and it's not hard to see why. Run by two friends, it's stocked with an impressively varied assortment of merch from lots of cool up-and-comers (the stellar coffee served at the front counter doesn't hurt, either). The store's mix includes Racked Young Gun Semi-Finalist Khoi Le; in fact, American Two Shot was his first stockist.
Le grew up in Los Gatos, California fascinated with the fashion industry and, in particular, designer Marc Jacobs. Eventually, like Jacobs, he enrolled at Parsons and then landed a life-changing internship with designer Bliss Lau who, "really helped solidify what type of work ethic New York expects of you." At the tender age of 18, Le scored a dream internship with Jacobs.
Those formative experiences led to Khoi's namesake line, which is composed of leather bags and accessories including this black lambskin backpack inspired by Le's high school JanSport. It's currently available at the shop; if you like what you see, more goods can be purchased on Le's website.
· Khoi Le [Official Site]
· American Two Shot [Official Site]
· How Two Childhood Friends Opened American Two Shot [Racked]
· Visit the Brooklyn Navy Yard Studio of Chromat's Becca McCharen [Racked]
· Meet the 50 Racked Young Guns Semi-Finalists for 2013 [Racked]
· Meet the Official Racked Young Guns Selection Committee [Racked]