- Rodarte x Opening Ceremony shoes, $80
- Christopher Kane dress, $900 (was $3,440)
- Kenzo dress, $250
- Kenzo pants, $250 (were $945)
- Reptile shorts, $290 (were $1360)
- Opening Ceremony dress, $130 (was $495)
- Proenza Schouler dress, $600 (was $2150)
- Mugler jacket, $1500 (was $6,170)
- Opening Ceremony jeans $30 (were $400)
- Opening Ceremony pants, $30, (were $370)
- Rodarte shoes, $150
- Pony Hair purse, $60 (was $265)
- Opening Ceremony jacket $83 (was $335)
- Gitman Brothers shorts, $45 (were $185)
- Opening Ceremony sweater, $100 (was $370)
- Rodarte pants, $80
- Band of Outsiders polo, $30 (was $105)
- Mugler jeans, $160 (were $595)
- Billykirk bag, $90
- Opening Ceremony x Adidas sneakers, $57 (were $235)
Today we got a preview of the Opening Ceremony sample sale that starts tomorrow, and if you're planning to hit it up we recommend you call out sick and line up early. If you're a regular of the sale you need to know that the space is smaller than their previous sales. Not to worry, though, as they will be restocking throughout.
Right now there's a TON of stock and sizes for girls and guys. There are no fitting rooms, but a couple of mirrors are available so wear your appropriate undergarments. Everything is priced as marked. Men's is on the left and women's is on the right. There's a small accessories area near the cash registers and the shoes are all in the back. Prices range from $10 to over $1,000.
Ladies: besides the Opening Ceremony label, you'll find Rodarte, Kenzo, Proenza Schouler, Mugler, Christopher Kane, and more. To help you understand pricing (and without turning this into a two hour read), we surveyed the racks to find out where prices start for each category. Swimsuits and skirts start at $20. Dresses and denim both begin at $30. We came across a slew of $60 Acne jeans and a gorgeous Christopher Kane dress marked down from $3,440 to $900.
Keep going and you'll get shorts and button-ups for $40. We found an awesome pair of reptile shorts marked down from $1,360 to $290. Sweaters and lightweight jackets start at $70. If you have the funds, you can score a black Mugler jacket with fur trim for $1,500 instead of the $6,170 retail price.
Accessories start at $10 and there are many Rodarte sunglasses for $30. The shoe section had finds for $50, with the majority of the sizes between 5 and 8. Hit the shoes first and you might be lucky enough to snag the Rodarte x Opening Ceremony strappy heels for $80.
Time for the guys. You'll find Opening Ceremony, Alexander Wang, Band of Outsiders, Carven, Gitman Brothers and Gaultier. Tees start at $10 and sweatshirts at $20. Shorts and button-ups can be found for $30, including some Band of Outsiders polos for $30 that normally sell for $105.
Jeans and pants start at $50. The men's $60 Acne jeans come in size 28 through 36. Outerwear and sweaters start at $70. We contemplated an Opening Ceremony camo zip-up for $85 that normally retails for $335. Guys shoes also had $50 options, with sizes between 8 and 13. Act fast and you can find the OC x Adidas high tops for $57, originally $235.
The line will be long but the deals are worth it. If you want the best choice of shoe sizes, go the first day. If you're just needing clothes, you might want to wait until the second day since they are restocking. Note that if your total is under $100, you'll need to pay cash.—Mickey Sery
· Dealfeed: Opening Ceremony [Racked NY]
· The June Sample Sale Rundown: 67 and Counting! [Racked NY]