Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Like mom always says, the best Mother's Day gift is some quality one-on-one time. In lieu of outlet shopping, we've rounded up fifteen better places to spend the day: mom-friendly spas, nail salons, and blowout chains. If you're going to be in the 'burbs for her special day—or if the Spa at Trump has no available massages for Sunday—consider booking an appointment for a future date. Just don't forget the card.
· Bliss: Locations in Midtown West, Midtown East, and a flagship in Soho
· Devachan Salon: 425 Broome Street (212-274-8686)
· Exhale Spa: Locations in Gramercy, MePa, Central Park South, UES, and Soho
· Red Door Spa: 663 Fifth Avenue and 130 W. 44th Street
· The Spa at Trump: 246 Spring Street (212-842-5500)
· Underground at Le Parker Meridien: 119 W. 56th Street (212-708-7340)
Manicures and Pedicures
· Blush Nail Lounge: 218 East 5th Street (212-375-1340)
· Jin Soon: Locations in the East Village, West Village, and the Upper East Side
· Tenoverten: 112 Reade Street (212-406-1010)
· Valley Nails: 198 Elizabeth Street (212-274-8985)