Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Aquazzura Flat Sandal, $895 at Fivestory
- Pret a Surf Strawberry Print String Bikini, $196 (from $280) at Opening Ceremony
- Topshop Pineapple Collar,
- Dusen Dusen Watermelon Sweater, $225 at Life:Curated
- Swash Double Silk Chiffon Scarf in Let Them Eat Jelly Cakes print, $425 at Dagny + Barstow
- American Apparel Fruit Print Underwire Swimsuit in Lemons on White, $70 at American Apparel
- Samantha Faye Pineapple in Rose Gold Plate, $68 at Exhale Spa
- Dusen Dusen Fruity Tee Dress, $185 at O.N.A.
- Sophie Hulme Pineapple Lace Shorts in Lime, $495 at Dagny + Barstow
- Welcome Companions Strawberry Clutch in Red/Green, $720 at Creatures of Comfort
- Forever 21 Pineapple Print Romper in Royal/Orange, $22.80 at Forever 21
- Q-Pot Cherry Pate de Fruit Necklace, $185 at Opening Ceremony
Regarding the sudden cornucopia of fruit-printed clothing and berry-shaped accessories on the market: should we blame Miuccia for giving us banana-printed clothes two years ago? Or maybe it's a throwback to Hey Arnold's premiere episode, Downtown as Fruits?
Whatever the case, there are more strawberries, pineapples, and watermelons on clothes than at the supermarket right now, basically begging to be worn to a picnic. Click through our gallery above for pineapple lace shorts from Sophie Hulme, a strawberry bikini by Pret-a-Surf, and more straight from the fruit basket.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]