Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Miu Miu Glittered Cap Toe Oxford in dark blue, $650 at Barneys
- Alexander Wang Ingrid Crocodile-Embossed Oxford in almond,
- Cole Haan LunarGrand Wingtip in ivory suede/larkspur, $198
- Dieppa Restrep Joe Two-Tone Mirror Oxfords, now $169 at Bird
- Opening Ceremony Contrasting Lace-Up Oxfords in off white/silver, $395
- Cheap Monday Go Oxford, $156 at Article&
- Rachel Comey Acker Derby in natural,
- Dolce Vita Oryan in black, $159
- Rober Clergerie Roele Oxford in navy, $750 at Creatures of Comfort
- Topshop Kathy Woven Pointed Lace Ups in burgundy,
- Pixie Market Sude Crystal Brogues, $228
Spring. Has. Sprung. But you know this time of year can be a fickle beast with spells of rain and temps that span 30 degrees in a day. You're ready to say bye-bye to boots, but not quite yet saluting sandals. Enter the oxford—or brogue, or derby, or whatever you want to call the boyish lace-ups that are definitely shoes and not sneakers. With slouchy boyfriend jeans or a spring dress, they offer enough edge—and foot protection!—to get you between seasonal extremes.
This season's interpretations include leg-flattering nude leather options, like Alexander Wang's crocodile-embossed version, and lots of plays on metallic, including Cheap Monday's mirrored rendition. Click through our gallery for a take on the shoe for every style, from glam glittery to quirky polka dot hole-punched to hippie woven.
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]