Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Wanda Nylon Wanda Trench in clear/black, $790 at Opening Ceremony
- Calvin Klein Belted Trench in green, $124 (was $178) at Bloomingdale's
- Chambray Trench, $193 at Pixie Market
- Rachel Rachel Roy Three-Quarter Lace Trench in khaki, $179 at Macy's
- Burberry Metallic Trench Coat in ink, $3,195
- Mackage Lilith Trench Coat in sand, $495
- DKNY Colorblock Trench in black/white, $129.99 (from $180) at Macy's
- J.Crew Collection Icon Trench in light khaki, $298
- Creatures of Comfort Shirley Trench in robin's egg, $760
The trench coat is the hero of spring outerwear: long enough to defend against sudden seasonal gusts, but light enough to transition to the sunnier side of the street. While khaki styles are always classic, a host of modern interpretations keep the style current.
Mackage added quilted leather shoulders to a standard silhouette for a bit of edge, while Creatures of Comfort went cropped, double-breasted, and robin's egg blue. We can't rightly put together a trench story without mentioning Burberry, and when rendered in metallic for spring, they're hard to ignore anyhow. Click through the gallery above for all nine.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]