Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Shoe Week: a five-day celebration of all things footwear, from the best new arrivals to our favorite places to shop for heels, flats, and everything in between.
Image via dolcevita_nystore
Could you Instagram feed use a footwear upgrade? To kick off the last day of Shoe Week, we've rounded up the Instagram feeds, Pintrest boards, and Tumblrs of some of our favorite local shoe boutiques. We've left the big name brands like Louboutin and Manolo to our sister site, and focused our list on local New York City shops, or brands that have a very NYC-centric presence (types like Loeffler Randall and Sigerson Morrison). Read on for fifteen social media accounts to start following now.
· Dolce Vita's dedicated Elizabeth Street Instagram
· Bergdorf Goodman's "Today's Shoe" Pintrest board
· Shoe Market's best new arrivals on Instagram
· Coclico New York's extensive Pintrest boards
· Saks Fifth Avenue's Tumblr that's solely dedicated to the 10022-Shoe floor.
· Leffot's menswear filled Instagram
· Flight Club's Instagram that's for sneakerheads only.
· Loeffler Randall's really cute Instagram
· Matt Bernson's Instgram, which is mostly pictures of his dog and baby (!)
· More sneakers on Supra's Instagram
· And fancier shoes on Edon Manor's
· No. 6's blog, which is full of clogs and what to wear with them.