Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Massimo Dutti Silk Shirt with Printed Polka Dots and Stripes in black, $89.50
- Duro Olowu for jcp Mixed Print Blouse in brown/purple/bark,
- Stella McCartney Long-Sleeve Mixed-Print Tee,
- Suno Seamed Short Sleeve Button Down, $380 at Opening Ceremony
- ICB Handkerchief Print Top, $375 at Barneys
- Peter Pilotto Ten Top in damask blue, $755 at Zoe Brooklyn
- Mango Op-Art Print Blouse, $49.99
- Zara Printed Blouse, $59.90
- Clover Canyon Chainmail Print Chiffon Top, $198 at Scoop NYC
The onslaught of street style pictures from this season's edition of fashion month should tell you at least one thing: mixing prints isn't dead yet. If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed by the task at hand—the colors, the scale, the motifs!—rest assured that for spring, retailers have done most of the work for you. Much like those frozen margarita pouches, spring's blouses are pre-mixed and ready to roll.
Ease into the look with a scarf print by Massimo Dutti paired white skinny jeans. If you're a seasoned mix master, you might consider tackling Duro Olowu for jcp's multiprint top with the coordinating pants and loading up on textural accessories. Click through our gallery above for nine blouses to take all of the effort out of print mixing.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]