Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Anthropologie Viscid Watch in sky, $58
- Kate Spade Metro in black dot, $175
- Jeremy Scott x Swatch Melted Minutes Watch, $60 at Opening Ceremony
- Anne Klein Leather Watch in light pink, $75 at Macy's
- Ballenciaga Montre Acier Watch in grey, $1,445 at Barneys
- Swatch Chrono Plastic in basic white, $86
- American Apparel Luxury Cork Wristwatch, $38
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Dinky 21MM in bright yellow, $150
- Urban Outfitters Polka Dot Watch, $24
- Skagen Brights Leather Watch in orange, $95 at Bloomingdale's
The wristwatch: overshadowed in functionality by the cell phone's digital clock, and eclipsed in the accessory realm by jewelry of all shapes and sizes. However, unnecessary as the watch has become, it's enjoyed a few popular iterations in the last few years—the oversized face, the handed-down-from-dad look, and the blogger's base to many an arm cluster.
Lighten up the silver and gold styles this spring with a few fresh takes on the ol' time bracelet. An all white Swatch would be your impending tan's best bet, while a dotted Kate Spade makes for a good addition to spring's black-and-white colorblock trend. Click through the gallery above for all ten.
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]