Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Céline pumps, $150
- 3.1 Phillip Lim open toe pumps, $150
- Balenciaga booties
- Carven booties
- Nina Ricci sandals, $150
- Rag & Bone booties, $199
- Alaïa booties, $300
- The orange tag section
- Lots of spring/summer styles
- Isabel Marant pumps, $329 (was $820)
- Alexander Wang booties, $279 (were $695)
- Carven wedges, $259 (from $645)
- Proenza Schouler slingbacks, $549 (from $1,385)
- Chloé booties, $399 (from $995)
- Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra booties, $469 (from $1,175)
- Rick Owens sandals, $709 (was $1,770)
- Rag & Bone booties, $199 (was $495)
- Plenty of options, little repeat
Before we dive into the meat and potatoes of the fabled Barney's Warehouse Sale, it's worth noting that times have changed. The sale now also exists online and will change locations this summer, focusing primarily on men's. This season's sale is something of a farewell for many of us. While the initial line to get in was impressive, the experience of shopping the sale was without frenzy.
Could it be that people are skipping the sale in favor of shopping it online? It's possible, but it could also be that it was eight in the morning—in February, mind you—or that savvy shoppers are holding out for that extra percentage off that comes a few days into the sale. Overall, this morning's experience was serene, but that's not to say that the maniacal hoarding won't kick in once an extra 30% is knocked off the already discounted goods.
Now, let's begin. The first stop for any seasoned Warehouse shopper is the shoes. As we reported earlier, you're going to want to hightail it to the mysterious orange tag section first. In this dedicated, area there were Alaïa booties for $300, silver 3.1 Phillip Lim pumps for $150, Nina Ricci sandals for $150, and lots of Rag & Bone Newbury boots in black for $199. Why these items were separated from the rest of the stock, and why the prices were significantly lower, is still unknown, but we can't imagine that these covetable items will stick around for long.
As far as non-orange tag footwear goes, there's plenty to be had but as usual, there's not a lot of each style. Much of what is available is from past seasons, and they're ready for spring. Think sandals, peep toes, and lots of strappy options. Pricier options include Proenza Schouler slingbacks are $549 (from $1,385), Chloé ponyhair booties are $399 (from $995), and Rick Owens wedges are $709 (from $1,770). Additionally, there was a lot of merchandise for every size without a lot of repeating styles, so if you see something today that you love, you might want to scoop it up sooner rather than later. Or, you can try your luck by waiting for the discounts.
· The Barneys Warehouse Sale Early Word: Shoes and RTW [Racked NY]
· Breaking: Barneys Is Launching a Massive Discount Outlet Site [Racked]
· After February, the Barneys Warehouse Sale Will Relocate [Racked NY]