Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Denim galore: James Jeans, Citizens of Humanity, J Brand, Rag & Bone
- Snake-print jeans, $119 (from $198)
- Printed denim, $119 (from $198)
- Lots of colorful and printed cut-off options, primarily from Citizens of Humanity
- Citizens of Humanity printed denim shorts, $99 (from $168)
- Barneys New York silk blouse, $29
- Alexander Wang skirt, $59
- Splendid long-sleeve tee, $9
- 3.1 Phillip Lim coat
- Duffle coat, $749 (from $2,150)
- Altuzarra white blazer, $569
- Barneys New York blazer, $139 (was $213)
- Rows and rows of dresses (six rows to be exact)
- Prabal Gurung lasar-cut shorts, $419
- Helmut Lang wide leg trousers, $259 (from $425)
- The Row cropped trousers, $199
- Altuzarra velvet pants, $939
- Barneys New York textured skirt, $99 (from $153)
- 3.1 Phillip Lim mini skirt, $119 (from $295)
- Diane von Furstenberg lace skirt, $109 (from $285)
- Cynthia Rowley dress, part of the blue star section, $67.50 (from $495)
- Chance long sleeve t-shirts, $29 (from $85)
- C&T Costello Tagliapietra wrap dresses, $99 (from $298)
Daring to dip your toe into the racks upon racks of clothes in the women's apparel section of the Barney's Warehouse Sale typically leads to one of two reactions. First, you can start to pick, become intimidated by the selection, and run. The only other option is to fully commit and dive head in. That's what we did for you, and you can browse the results in the gallery above.
A few things to note: Clothing is organized by category and by size, but is not organized by designer. This means that contemporary is mixed with designer, so be prepared to dig. There is plenty of merchandise, but quite a bit seems to be from previous sales.
Dresses: Right next to the shoes, you'll face six rows of dresses. There are an overwhelming number of C&T Costello Tagliapietra wrap dresses in prints and solids for $99 (from $298). We spotted a few striped 10 Crosby Derek Lam dresses and Barneys New York tweed shifts, but most were the only one of their style. There are plenty of color, pattern, and sleeveless options for spring.
Denim: Behind dresses is denim. Folded neatly by attentive staff and organized by size, there are color and print options aplenty. Brands include James Jeans, Citizens of Humanity (going for $119 a pop), and Rag & Bone. There were some basic blues in the mix, but the sale's primarily an opportunity to score some punchy options.
Shorts: Prints and color reigned here as well. A majority of the stock was made up of Citizen for Humanity denim cut-offs, priced at $99—which is just just twenty bucks cheaper than the full-leg versions, mind you.
Bottoms: There were a good amount of office-friendly options on offer when we stopped by. We also spotted bright yellow Helmut Lang wide-leg pants for $259 (from $425), some printed options, and many leftovers from the last sale. Skirts and shorts were somewhat limited, but there were definite gems, like lasar-cut Prabal Gurung shorts (a pricey pick for $419) and a 3.1 Phillip Lim mini for $119.
Outerwear: There are only about two rails worth of coats and blazers. There are, however, plenty of Barneys New York purple-blue blazers at $139, as well as 3.1 Phillip Lim fuzzy white coats.
Tops: Sadly, there's not much to be seen here, save handfuls of Chance blue-and-white striped shirts for $29.
The Orange Tag Section: Earlier in the day, we spotted Alexander Wang skirts for $59, Splendid longsleeve tees for $9, and a Joseph coat for $99.
The Blue Star Section: Situated next to the fitting rooms near the exit, are the blue star items, though these aren't the usual damages or "imperfects." (Actually, it's pretty unclear what these are, and why they're so cheap.) Merchandise here is an extra 75% off the lowest ticketed price. Signage isn't super obvious, but definitely keep an eye out. We found a Cynthia Rowley dress that was originally $495 marked as $269, bringing it down to a very digestible $67.50.
Got all that? As always, feel free to leave your own tips in the comments below.
· Dealfeed: Barneys Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· The Barneys Warehouse Sale Early Word: Shoes and RTW [Racked NY]
· All Barneys Warehouse Sale coverage [Racked NY]