Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Whale Week, our celebration of the city's biggest spenders.
Image by Jenna Josepher
The Austrian jewelry Freywille takes quality and craftsmanship seriously; so much so that most of their pieces come in limited and exclusive productions. You also can't purchase any of their pieces online—instead, you must physically visit one of their boutiques, like the one at 727 Madison Avenue. While wearing just one of their bangles or watches could set you back a few thousand, we were curious as to how much it would cost to wear a whole lot of them at once. Find out after the jump.
The answer: $38,715, due largely in part to one very pricey ballerina bangle with diamonds. Click through the gallery below to see the total breakdown.
- Hope Homage a Gustav Klimt Prima Ballerina Clasp Bangle with diamonds, $19,250
- Royal Blue Magic Sphinx Diva Bordered bangle, $1,625
- First Love Floral Symphony Regina Clasp bangle, $1,640
- Ode to Joy of Life Jewelry Watch, $3,580
- Hope Hommage a Gustav Klimt Diva bangle, $1,465
- Hommage a Egon Schiele Diva bangle, $1,465
- Hope Homage a Gustav Klimt Miss Bordered bangle, $5,935
- Gustav Klimt Jewelry Watch, $2,830
- Alphonse Mucha Burgundy Miss Diva bangle, $925