Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Guys Buys, our weekly segment dedicated to our male readers and the ladies who shop for them. Each week, our Menswear Specialist Mickey Sery will bring a roundup of seasonal products for men—whether you need some style assistance or just like to shop.
- Dior 3 Book Slipcase, $75 at Assouline
- Zara Flat Ankle Boot with Buckle in Khaki, $59.90
- Jo Malone Vitamin E Body Scrub Treatment, $90
- Adriana Orsini 1.5" Pave Hoop Earrings, $75 at Saks Fifth Aven
- PrettyMaps 11" X 14" Art Prints, $60 at YouShouldBuyArt.com
- Portolano Cashmere Leopard Cuff Tech Gloves in Black/Chocolate, $78
- The Paris Review One Year Subscription, $40
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband in Slate, $99 at Paragon Sports
- The North Face Crescent Sunset Full Zip Jacket in Greystone Blue Heather,
- Milkhaus Design Metallic Gold Print Clutch, $62 at Brika.com Pop-Up Shop at the Paramount Hotel
- Maison Kitsuné Mountain Shopping Bag, $49 at Maison Kitsuné at the NoMad Hotel
- LLBean Signature Cotton Fisherman Sweater in Beige, $99
- House Of Harlow Trikona Necklace, $75 at Life:Curated
- Laura Mercier Colour-To-Go Portable Pallete for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips in Natural Nude
- Kate Spade Leopard Ikat iPhone 5 Case, $40
- J. Crew Double-Row Crystal Necklace, $78 (reg. $98)
- Fort Standard Crest Bottle Opener, $60 at The Future Perfect
- Fresh Sugar Lemon Eau De Parfum, $80
- Eberjay Gisele Short, $95 at Azaleas
- Diptyque Baies Scented Oval and Candle Gift Set, $98 at Space NK
- David's Tea Pu'erh Tea in Coffee, $75.00 for 17.60 oz
- Julie Nolan Astrological Cuff, $50 at Catbird
- Brooklyn Museum Art Prints by American Artists, $25-$95
- ATM Anthony Thomas Melillo Vintage Raw Edge Tee in Black, $85 at Barney's
- Jonathan Adler Lust/Love Triple Pouch Set, $78
It's holiday time, and that means gift giving. When it comes to buying gifts for ladies, most guys are clueless—including this writer. They often either guess and include a gift receipt, or end up flat-out asking the female what they really want and remove any surprise. This year, we did the work for you: we polled the ladies we know and asked them to pick one gift they'd love to receive that's under $100.
The women we asked live in big cities and small towns; they're daughters, mothers, and grandmothers. We were surprised by some of their suggestions, and even more surprised when we got duplicate answers, including an Eberjey pajamas set and Fashion Book Sets from Assouline. Click below to get some ideas, and ladies—if you happen to read this and enjoy the suggestions, you might want to leave this article up on your guy's computer...