Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Because I sit most of the day, working out is a must. In the mornings, though I don’t have much time, I run down to my “backyard”—Brooklyn Bridge Park. There is nothing more inspiring than watching the sunrise reflected off lower Manhatta
- I bought these YAS pants in LA over the summer and they’ve quickly become my favorites.
- My husband and I bought a Vitamix a few months ago and it’s become part of the family. To save time I put the ingredients (minus the ice and liquid) in the container the night before so it’s ready to go when I get back from the park. My g
- Mondays I try and designate a chunk of time to review all of my clients’ food journals and do some media work.
- But it’s not always easy with a calendar like this.
- I do yoga first thing on Tuesday mornings, either at Yoga People down the block or in our building’s gym. Here I am working on the handstand practice!
- It’s really easy to overdo it with supplements—there are literally a million options. Like most things, less is usually more. My favorites right now are a multivitamin by New Chapter, a probiotic by Dr. Ohirra, a B-12 (I’
- Energy to put the final touches on my book proposal!
- While Eataly surprisingly has a very good produce section, the single best thing is the “Vegetable Butcher”: she’ll peel, slice, and julienne whatever you want.
- Tonight I’m heading to the American Folk Art Museum Gala in Tribeca. The event is hosted by Tim Gunn in honor of its upcoming exhibit Folk Couture: Fashion and Folk Art. For quick blowouts I always head to a local salon r
- As you can see I am very into Le Metier De Beaute. My friend—and incredible make-up artist—Joe Hubrich told me it’s the best, and Joe is always right.
- Highlight of the night was sitting next to Catherine Malandrino who's even more gorgeous in person. It was purely coincidental that I was wearing one of her designs!
- I came home late to our first delivery from Good Eggs, an incredible new farm-to-table delivery service that just started delivering in my neighborhood. I’m blown away by the quality of the food, it’s
- Was able to sneak in a quick pilates workout. It really helps with my posture and core strength.
- I hit a wall around 3pm and that’s when I usually reach for a snack. My friend Ellie is “forager” at Whole Foods (best job title) and turned me on to Blue Hill’s Veggie Yogurt. Today's flavor was beet and it was delicio
- I’ve fallen in love Jason and Eminence products, both all-natural or organic.
- Yep, I’m a Tom Ford girl… who isn’t?
- I consult for Baked by Butterfield (the healthier little brother of Butterfield Market on the UES) and always stop off on my way to work for some healthy snacks.
- Orange lip gloss? Trust me, it looks awesome.
- Hopped on the ferry to Williamsburg for a friend’s birthday and had lunch (yes, lunch not brunch) at Parish Hall, a really interesting take on farm-to-table. The aesthetics of the place are killer.
- After lunch we walked over to CB I Hate Perfume. I discovered a love for their green scents, but I couldn’t decide between salad greens or fresh basil.
- In other news, I found this wonderful organic, gluten free, fair trade quinoa vodka. Just need to find a kale liqueur…
- Who knew heaven was in Williamsburg?
- Once every few months my mom and I will have a girls spa day with some friends. This time we went to Aire Ancient Baths and Spa in Tribeca. It’s unreal.
- On my way home I ran into my husband who recently signed up for CitiBike. He was never a big biker, especially in the city, but now he uses it all the time.
- I first found SpaRitual when I was at the Lodge at Woodloch over the summer. It’s vegan friendly and free of synthetic dyes, plus they have really beautiful neutral color options.
- We always cook a very light and clean dinner on Sunday nights, typically fish with a lot of veggies. It really helps set the tone for the week and gives us great leftovers for lunch.
- After dinner we rush up to the roof and catch the sunset for the perfect nightcap, Negronis in hand.
Nutritionist Stephanie Middleberg founded her namesake company four years ago, and now works with over 800 clients, ranging from CEOs and athletes to college students and moms. Her philosophy is simple: eat real food, and enjoy it. Outside of working with private clients, Stephanie consults with chefs and businesses, serves as a nutrition expert for several media outlets, and is working on a book proposal. Extracurriculars include yoga, pilates, and a secret Kale Club ("First rule of Kale Club is you don't talk about Kale Club.")
In her beauty diary, Stephanie shares her go-to workout smoothie (spoiler alert: it's green), runs into Catherine Malandrino while conveniently wearing Catherine Malandrino, and spills her Le Metier De Beaute addiction.
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked NY]
· Natural Beauty Expert Jessa Blades On Makeup, Crystals, More [Racked NY]
· Lisa Elaine Held Copies Jessica Alba's Polish, Eats Beauty Foods [Racked NY]