Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
New York City's third Elizabeth Arden-owned Red Door Spa, opens tomorrow at 200 Park Avenue South. The new Union Square location serves as a boutique for the brand as well, carrying the company's cosmetic and skincare products. The boutique boasts two on-site technology offerings: one that blends a custom foundation and another that analyzes the skin and recommends treatment.
The spa offers speed services at street-level, with treatments that take under 30 minutes. A blow dry bar, nail salon, and makeup and lash bar are also located on the main floor. The lower level is dedicated to chilling out for awhile: customized facials, massages, and hair cuts and color are all offered. There's also a cafe and a decompression lounge in the subterranean section.
One thing both levels have in common is a heavy dose of New York City puns on the spa menu. After the jump, some of the best (or worst, depending on your pun stance) beauty puns on the menu.
· Bree-Zee Pass (25 minute Oxygen Infusion Mini Facial)
· Luxury Eye Rise (an eye mask add-on)
· Westside Eyeway (collagen eye refresher)
· SohO2 (15 minute oxygen blast)
· Lady Liperty (15 minute lip facial)
· The Eye Line (lash extensions)
· New York Waxi Service
· The Flat Ironed
· Elizabeth Arden Will Red Door Spa in Union Square [Racked NY]
· Red Door Spa Just Got a New and Improved Midtown Flagship [Racked NY]