Travel Week: Where to Shop For a Beach Vacation (NYC)
- Pilgrim Surf + Supply. Photo by Brian Harkin.
- Year-Round Swimwear: The Upper East Side is rich with swimwear options: mall chain Everything But Water (pictured) recently opened there, plus Pesca, Vilebrequin and Canyon Beachwear are in the 'hood, and Malia Mills<
- Cover-Ups and Caftans: Calypso St Barth owns the caftan arena, and they know it. With no fewer than six apparel locations in Manhattan (Nolita pictured), you
- Surf Stops: There is, for whatever reason, no shortage of surfer retail in NYC. Patagonia Surf is the newest of the bunch, having recently opened on the Bowery. Old standbys in the category include Pilgrim Surf + Supply (pictur
- Big Ol' Beachbag: Baggu in Williamsburg (pictured) could probably lug your entire vacation: they have laptop cases, colorful canvas and nylon sacks in all sizes, a specially-desig
- Because Squinting = Wrinkles: While just about any trend-focused retailer stocks sunglasses year-round (Urban Outfitters, H&M, Forever 21) at under $20 a pop, you're going to want to splurge on a polarized pair if you're near the water—Warby Par