Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Beauty Diary: seven days of getting glam with an industry insider. From publicists to professional makeup artists, this a week in the life of someone who lives and breathes beauty.
- Photo by Stacey Mark
- Eve Lom rescue mask saves me year-round. I’m so busy with work that it's great to have a kind of “one stop shop” mask for so many different needs: stress, blotchiness, puffiness, it does it all!
- Clearly I’m big on perfumes. While I don’t necessarily wear them every day, I love having a variety of scents for different occasions. Tom Ford Private Blend, Diptyque, Creed, and L’Artisan Parfumeur are my go-to’s.
- I love nail polish. Nude is a great color to have on hand when I’ve been working on jewelry all day and have a meeting to run to. Loving these nudes from Butter London, Armani, MAC, Deborah Lippmann, RGB, and Sheswai Laquer.
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is one of my favorite beauty items for every day use. It's so easy to apply and kills two birds with one stone—hydration and light coverage. La Roche Posey is one of my favorite pharmacy buys in Paris, I alwa
I can’t get enough of REN products, particularly their Moroccan Rose body cream and their Glycolic Mask. I love their products because they are natural and make my skin feel great.
Negin of JustBe Skincare is a healer. I go to her for
- I’m a bath junkie. If it were up to me I would rip out my entire bathroom and fill it with a giant tub. Bath salts are a cure-all during Fashion Week or after a serious gym workout.
- I’m a bit particular with my hair. I love having a slightly wild mane so its essential for me to use the right kinds of products. Dry shampoo is a must and I have cans of it everywhere: at the office, in my purse, all over my apartment. Oribe Dry T
Joanna Vargas is a miracle worker – her Vitamin C Face Wash and Exfoliating are a must for me. I use the face wash daily and the exfoliator about once a week.
This Oribe volumizing shampoo and conditioner are a must for me. They keep my curl
- Because I am so busy with work keeping my routine consolidated is important. neuLash serum is great for promoting lash growth—I use it every night. And my favorite mascara is Eyes to Kill from Armani. It really just lengthens and thickens my
- Talika Eye Therapy Patches to the rescue! While I probably don’t use these as often as I’m supposed to, they are great for relieving puffy, swollen eyes or dark circles.
- I’ve been raving about this lip gloss from Clarins for months now—I love the nude colors and how they really do plump your lips without being too sticky or feeling heavy. It is the most important product in my makeup bag. Also, they smell amazing.
I know everyone has had this Mason Pearson brush, but that’s because it really is amazing. The boar bristles don’t rip out my hair like other brushes and my hair feels super soft.
Kevin Murphy’s volumizing line is awesome. This powder
- These glitter polishes from Deborah Lippmann are my jam.
- I love nude polish with glitter polish on top. It’s a way to have something fun on my nails without looking too crazy.
Jewelry designer Pamela Love let us in on the products that keep her on point in this week's edition of Beauty Diary. The busy Brooklynite explains how she maintains her "slightly wild mane" (spoiler alert: dry shampoo at every turn), the lip gloss she can't stop raving about, and her surprising love for glitter nailpolish. She also shares a few skincare secrets, which includes a product she stocks up on at French pharmacies.
· All Beauty Diary posts [Racked NY]