Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Guys Buys, our weekly segment dedicated to our male readers and the ladies who shop for them. Each week, our Menswear Specialist Mickey Sery will bring a roundup of seasonal products for men—whether you need some style assistance or just like to shop.
- Carhartt Camp Vest in Camo Isle, $131 at Carhartt Work in Progress
- Ernest Alexander Henry Wool Vest in Navy, $355
- L.L. Bean Signature Quilted Vest in Navy, $89
- Onassis Cotton Nylon Quilted Vest in Black, $228
- Zara Contrasting Quilted Waistcoat in Black, $89
- J. Crew Boulder Down Vest in Wildfire, $168
- Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Vest in Blue Denim Print, $49.90
- Scotch & Soda Down Body Warmer in Emerald, $185
- H&M Padded Vest in Orange, $49.95
- GANT by Michael Bastian Down Shirt Vest in Red, $325 at GANT
In these transitional temperatures, you don't want to jump the cold-weather shark by piling on a heavy jacket. Yes they work for the chilly mornings, but once the sun is out those jackets can leave you looking like a sweaty mess. Enter the quilted vest: The insulation keeps you warm, but the lack of sleeves lets your pits breath.
It's the perfect answer to fall, and once winter arrives you can throw any one of them over a jacket to add an extra layer of protection against the cold. We've rounded up ten from brands like Ernest Alexander, Onassis and more to help you stay warm and look cool.
· All Guys Buys Posts [Racked NY]