Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Stubbs & Wootton Famille Brick, $400
- Boutique 9 Yorocco Smoking Flats, $150
- C.Wonder Dachshund Slipper Loafer, $138
- Christopher Kane Bouquet Slippers, $855 at Urban Outfitters
- Charlotte Olympia Kitty Flats, $695
- Isaac Mizrahi Smoking Flats in Navy/Pewter, $135
- Tory Burch Cailyn Holographic Beetle Smoking Slipper,
- Princess Vera Wang Smoking Flats, $54.99 at Kohl's
- Joie Pointed Toe Smoking Flats, $235
- Lucky Brand Lucky U Smoking Flats, $89
- DV Dolce Vita Gelle in Red, $69
The smoking slipper—those Hugh Hefner-esque loafers typically done in velvet with grosgrain trim—has spent a few fall seasons back in the spotlight. This round, the slipper enters the ring adorned with artful embroidery. A dachshund spans the length of both shoes in a cheeky pair by C. Wonder, Christopher Kane throws a bright bouquet on pair of basic blacks, and Isaac Mizrahi nods at the classic tassel front by laying it down in two dimensions.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked NY]