Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Dries van Noten clutch, $699 (originally $1,665)
- Proenza Schouler Akris bag, $1,039 (originally $2,590)
- Lanvin wallet, $545 (originally $1,365)
- Christian Louboutin bootie, $599 (originally $1,495)
- Christian Louboutin suede pumps, $479 (originally $795)
- Isabel Marant pumps, $394 (originally $990)
- Pierre Hardy sneakers, $289 (originally $490)
- Giuseppe Zanotti booties, $479 (originally $1,195)
- Rag & Bone coat, $959 (originally, $1,595)
- A.L.C. leather Jacket, $479 (originally $1,195)
- Helmut Lang outerwear, 60% off
- Comme des Garcons coat, $499 (originally $1,995)
- Boy. by Band of Outsiders blazer, $279 (originally $1,125)
- Balenciaga sweater, $239 (originally $945)
- Proenza Schouler leather jacket, $1,419 (originally $5,680)
Today, Barneys took its final markdowns on fall and winter merchandise, which led to discounts as high as up to 75% off. Be warned that prices still tend to run pretty high on the designer floors, but if you happen to have a little leftover Christmas cash, the odds of snagging Balenciaga sweaters for $200 and Louboutin pumps for $479 are in your favor. Earlier this afternoon, we swung by the Madison Avenue flagship to put together our wishlist. Read on for some of our favorite (often aspirational) finds.
On the main floor, sale signs are prevalent for Lanvin, Proenza Schouler, and Dries van Noten galore. Prices have now been reduced two or three times, and in some cases even a fourth reduction has been taken. Most of the discounts are in the 50% and 60% off range, with some items offering even better deals.
As for the shoe floor, the selection here has significantly dwindled, but whatever's left has been reduced even further. The discounts range from 40% to 60% off the original prices, with a handful of real gems mixed in. We spotted a pair of the Giuseppe Zanotti suede laser-cut booties that were originally $1,195 going for $479.
The discounts on clothes vary depending on the item: Jeans are about 40% off, while outerwear and sweaters can be picked up for 60% off. Some pieces, like an oversized Boy. by Band of Outsiders blazer and a Comme des Garcons coat, have been marked down to 75% off. Oh, and that Proenza Schouler woven leather jacket? It's marked all the way down from $5,680 to $1,419—a pretty good deal, if you have the cash for it.
It seems like the prices won't be getting any lower for at least another month when the Warehouse Sale rolls around, so if you have a certain pair of dream shoes in mind, now would be the time to snatch them up. Click through the gallery above for some of our favorite finds, with a few pieces from the Co-op, like Helmut Lang and Rag & Bone outerwear, sprinkled throughout.—Claudia Saide
· All Barneys Madison Avenue Coverage [Racked NY]