Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Lululemon's epic warehouse sale, appropriately dubbed the YogaBowl, is kicking off tomorrow morning at 8am at Nassau Coliseum. All week long, the brand has been tweeting sneak-peak photos of the sale offerings, and without a doubt, there will be mountains of seriously discounted yoga-inspired athletic gear available. If you plan on being there, you're going to need a strategy. Read on for tips to help you navigate the sale event and, of course, keep your head in the game.
1. Arrive Early: For any massive sale event on opening day, we suggest getting there bright and early. Lululemon is predicting lines and encourages "tailgating." While doors won't open until 8am, the parking lot will be open at 6:30am. Parking at the Coliseum will be $10 and cash only. For those of you making the trek by the LIRR, the brand will be sponsoring complimentary shuttle bus service from the Westbury, NY LIRR train station to the Coliseum approximately every 20 minutes starting at 6:30am. Plus, Lululemon notoriously moves merchandise in popular sizes quickly, so you'll want to queue up early.
2. Stay Hands-Free: There will be a coat and bag check policy in place, so you'll want to pack lightly and probably have a few pockets in your outfit to stash your cellphones and wallet. The brand's blog asks that you leave the strollers at home. (Sorry, moms.)
3. Devise A Game Plan: Once you're in, devise a strategy and hit the highlights first. The sale will be offering gear for all fitness junkies—women's and men's apparel and accessories under the Lululemon label, and girls' dance-inspired gear under their adorable-yet-chic Iviva label. We hear that a floor map and pricing guide will be available upon entry, and everything will be organized by size. At past warehouse sales, the prices have ranged from $4 to $99. There will also be separate communal fitting rooms for men and women, but we anticipate queues for that too. You'll want to know your size in advance and avoid that entirely.
4. Stay Up To Date: While the warehouse sale is expected to go through 6pm on Sunday, February 3rd, the brand has already said repeatedly they may close their doors early in the event they run out of merchandise. Stay up to date by tracking the sale's dedicated Twitter handle. For past warehouse sale events, Lululemon has also hosted unexpected "game changers," so you'll want to stay on top of that, too.
5. It's All In the Details: The warehouse sale policy is credit and debit cards only ((Mastercard, Visa, and Amex), no cash, and no Lululemon gift cards. There will also be restocking throughout the event, so keep your eyes open. While Lululemon's apparel is the biggest draw here, also watch for discounted accessories—at a big event like this, there's usually plenty on offer and they're one size fits all.
See you there yogis! — Kiran
· Dealfeed: Lululemon Yogabowl Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· @lululemonWHUS [Twitter]
· Lululemon's Mega Warehouse Sale Is Coming to Nassau Coliseum [Racked NY]