Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Whale Week, our celebration of the city's biggest spenders.
- Manolo Blahnik Arpegeny Snake-Band Slide Sandal,
- Stella McCartney Gwen Hologram Faux-Python Pump, $760
- Alexander Wang Aminata sandal in tang, $625
- Jimmy Choo Lola Floral Printed Python Platform Peep Toe Sandal, $1495
- Gucci Ursula Ankle-Strap High Heel Sandal in jasmine green python, $1,350
- Christian Louboutin Paulina in coated python, $1,195
- Lanvin Wedge Salome Sandal, $1,985
- Maiyet Snakeskin Half-T Sandal, $1,195 at Barneys
- Aquazurra Black Suede Sexy Thing Python Heel Stiletto Sandal, $465 at Intermix
- Brian Atwood Cori in fuchsia multi elaphe snake, $1,850
Flashy whales rejoice: Designers have you covered for brightly colored shoes to waltz into spring. What's more, the entire rainbow is at your disposal, rendered in exotic skins from coated snakeskin to saturated python. Take a browse through the gallery above for nine bold, exotic skin shoes, plus one vegan option in holographic faux-python from Stella McCartney.
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]
· All Whale Week 2013 Coverage [Racked NY]