Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lipstick Queen Look of Love, $45 at Space.NK
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga, $25 at Barney's
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Apocalypse, $19 at Sephora
- Dior Addict Lipstick in Daring, $31 at Bloomingdale's
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Black Dahlia, $16
- Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Gemma, $22 at Sephora
- fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment, $22.50
- bareMinerals 100% Natural Lipcolor in Plum Brulee, $15 at Bare Escentuals
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color in #10 Raspberry, $24
- M.A.C. Year of the Snake Lipstick in Plumful, $15
It could be lingering inspiration from Rachel Weisz's Golden Globes look, or maybe we're just being a little dramatic about the cold. Whatever the cause, moody lip colors reminiscent of 1940s film noir stars feel right this week.
From deep raspberry to saturated plum, we have ten dramatically dark lip colors for your pouting pleasure. Click through the gallery above for a range of options, from a tinted lip treatment by Sugar to a super matte lipstick from NARS, and everything in between. —Nicola Fumo
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]