Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- H&M Striped Dress, $29.95
- Forever 21 Grid Sleeve Sweater, $19.80
- J Brand Rowan, $188 at Barney's
- Bottega Veneta Coated Canvas and Leather Tote, $750 at Intermix
- Thakoon Addition Dot and Stripe Print Dress, $525 at Kirna Zabête
- Topshop Knitted Clean Check Jumper,
- Pixie Market Black and White Blazer, $60
- Tibi Checkered Border Mini Skirt, $250
- Z Spoke Two Tone Clutch, $195 at Piperlime Soho
- Christian Wijnants Kuno Sweater in black/white, $246 at Creatures of Comfort
A round of applause is in order for Mr. Marc Jacobs. By showing stripes at his namesake spring 2013 show and checks at Louis Vuitton, Marc delivered us with one of spring's simplest trends: black and white color blocking. With the general sweep of '60s style that's been creeping through fashion the last few years, it's about time for a mod moment.
Expanding from stripes and checks, the offerings this spring include paired-down plaids and print mixes, all in easy black and white. Click through the gallery above for ten options, ranging from a minimalist miniskirt by Tibi to a maximalist print dress from Thakoon Addition.—Nicola Fumo
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]