Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Camille mannequin from illustrator Jeffrey Fulvimari, 1996
- The Christy Turlington "Yoga Pose" mannequin from the 2002 collection
- The 2006 Motion collection, inspired by Miles Davis and Robert Wilson
- The Patrick Naggar collection from 1997, which will be reimagined in "Joe Fresh orange" for the window display
- The Anna Sui collection from 1997 recreates her signature countertop hat form "Dollies," with full body-versions included as well
- One of the three mannequins French designer Andrée Putman created for Pucci in 1988, including “The Mistress," which was inspired by Marilyn Monroe
- The Girl collection, 2008
- A pop-surreal collection from artist Kenny Scharf, 2000
- The Male Sport figure, inspired by inspired by Roman and Greek sculpture; 2007
- A mannequin the supermodel-turned-artist Veruschka created of herself, inspired by Egypitan art; 1996
- The Robert Clyde Anderdson collection, 2000
- "Birdie" by artist Ruben Toledo is considered to be the first high-end plus-size mannequin; 2000
Joe Fresh may specialize in the under-$100 fast fashion category, but that doesn't mean the brand's Fifth Avenue location can't host a high-brow art exhibit. More specifically, a retrospective of the work of master mannequin designer Ralph Pucci is currently on display in the store's windows, featuring creations inspired by everyone from Christy Turlington doing yoga to Marilyn Monroe to ancient Grecco Roman athletes.
The 18 mannequins will be on view through October 31st, with select ones wearing clothes from the Joe Fresh spring 2013 "Fresh Off the Runway Collection." Click through the gallery above for 12 of them, and try to guess which was inspired by Anna Sui, and which was designed by '60s supermodel Veruschka (before reading it in the captions below).
· So Fresh and So Clean: Joe Fresh on Opening Day [Racked NY]
· Take a Tour of Joe Fresh's New Fifth Avenue Flagship [Racked NY]