Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Cacharel dress, $179.50
- Thakoon Addition maxi-dress, $109.50
- Opening Ceremony dress, $179.50
- Knit DVF dress, $129.50
- Tucker top, $94.50
- Alice + Olivia shorts, $44.50
- There's a wide range of bright bags. That neon one in the corner is $109.50.
- Michael Kors wedges, $79.50
- Those wedge booties in front, also Kors, are $69.50
- Stuart Weitzman for Scoop heels, $155; Camilla Skovgaard booties, $179.50; Camilla Skovgaard heels, $149.50
- Vanessa Mooney flats, $129.50
- Seven for all Mankind printed cutoffs, $59.50
- Sweaters ran from $44.50 to about $100.
- AG southwestern print jeans and Current/Elliot floral print jeans, both $74.50.
- Men's button-downs were mostly under $60.
- Beach sweaters for men, $49.50
- Those neon-soled Walkover for Scoop wingtips were $147.50.
Here's the basic deal at the Scoop NYC Ultimate Closet Clean-Out Sale: See something you like? See the red price listed on the tag? Great, now take that price and slice it in half. Since the red prices are already pretty decent—they're left over from Scoop's regular summer sale—the ultimate result is highly shoppable indeed. We're talking Thakoon Addition for 109.50, DVF for $129.50, and a ton of denim for under $75.
The upper level of the sale, which takes place at Scoop's 430 W. 14th Street location, contains the bigger names and the newer merchandise. The majority of the racks are filled with dresses, but you'll find Tucker tops and Alice + Olivia skirts as well. We liked a sleek black and white Helmut Lang shift for $179.50, but most of the standouts, like a delicate little green Rebecca Taylor tank for $79.50, are more floaty and feminine. Check the slideshow above for some of the prettiest prints.
Downstairs, you'll find casual summer pieces, denim, older fall/winter buys, shoes, and menswear. Michael Kors dominates the women's footwear section, but we also found everything from flat little gray Margiela boots ($274.50) to Jimmy Choo heels ($239.50.) While there are a number of summer espadrilles, you should also be able to find party shoes for all seasons.
Denim for women ranges from about $44 to $100. If you've been waiting for this summer's colorful and patterned jeans to go on sale, you're in luck, but you'll also be able to pick up classic blue jeans as well as more tailored items like little pleated shorts from Theory ($59.50.)
The men's section is smaller—no surprise here—and definitely contains some repeats from last summer, but there are good deals here as well. Button-down shirts come from brands like Woolrich ($44.50), GANT by Michael Bastian ($54.50), and Steven Alan ($34.50), while the shoe selection includes names like John Varvatos. There's a small but promising rack full of outerwear, too; we liked a denim shirt jacket from Ian Velardi ($149.50) and a plaid coat from Richard Chai ($149.50.)
We're told that nearly everything is out on the floor, although they're getting new product deliveries every day. The sale runs through Saturday, September 15; consult the Dealfeed for hours and more details.
· The Scoop NYC Ultimate Closet Sale Will Kick Off on August 27th [Racked NY]
· Dealfeed: Scoop NYC [Racked NY]
· Scoop NYC [Official Site]