- Rainbow of overcoats, starting at $239 and topping out at $699
- Hugo Boss black label suit, $599
- John Varvatos leather jacket, $919
- Boss trousers, starting at $139
- Ralph Lauren parka, $99
- Lots of ties, Ben Sherman starting at $29
- Juntya Watanbe chambray shirt, $239
- More overcoats
- Hickey Freeman suit, $999
- Ermenegildo Zegna dress shirt, $139
- Alexander McQueen jacket, $619
- Corporate-approved dress shirts
- Barneys label cashmere blend sportscoat, $2949
- Etro suit, $999
- Paletti seersucker sportscoat, $449
Now that we've covered shoes and womenswear at the Barneys Warehouse Sale, let's take a look at the menswear selection. As usual, offerings for guys are in the basement. Immediately upon descending, you'll be faced with tables filled with boxes of dress shirts and racks of colorful ties. Towards the right of the sales floor is suiting, and towards the back is outwear and casual wear. While the offerings were solid, the highlights are definitely among the outwear selection, which is a little bit unusual and packs the kind of goods that enticed you to brave the Barneys Warehouse Sale in the first place.
We recommend that label-lovers bee-line for the outerwear section, where fall coats, classy overcoats, and leather jackets reign. Among the dozen racks (organized by size) we found a black Ralph Laurenparka for $99, a deep gray John Varvatos leather jacket for $919, and an Alexander McQueen windbreaker for $619. Mixed among the casual outwear was an on-trend and quirky Junya Watanabe chambray shirt for $339.
If you're aiming to spruce up a corporate wardrobe, try the solid neutral suiting and sportswear separates. We loved a charcoal window pane Hickey Freeman suit for $999. Nearby we spotted a solid charcoal Hugo Boss suit for $599 and a chalk-striped Etro suit for $999. If you're looking for more character, a Paletti seersucker sports coat was $449 and a super luxe Barneys New York cashmere blend burgundy sports coat was $2,949. Sleek Hugo Boss dress pants were available for $139 and were laid in rows on tables.
Of course, you'll want to pair your new suit from with a crisp shirt and bold tie. We spotted a good selection of basic Ermenegildo Zegna dress shirts starting at $139 and priced-to-move Ben Sherman ties for $29.
There's a wide array of sizes, but we expect the high-end classic wardrobe staples and on-trend statement pieces to move quickly. Unfortunately we don't have any intel on men's footwear yet—it was still being unpacked with yesterday's press preview concluded. (Did you go today? Let us know how it is!)
The Barneys Warehouse Sale continues through Monday, September 3rd at 255 W. 17th Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues. For hours and more details, check out our dealfeed. — Kiran
· Dealfeed: Barneys Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· Shoes at the Barneys Warehouse Sale Do Not Disappoint [Racked NY]
· Labels for the Ladies at the Barneys Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]