Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Diana, 18, student: "I didn't see the online sale. It's cool to be here in the moment, doing coffee runs, whatever you have to do to get those special finds."
- Phillip, 24, student (left): "I'm hoping to find sweaters and my mother's high heels." Hyung, 26, student (right): "I'm just following him. I don't know, hopefully I'll find something good."
- Marissa, 30, commercial real estate agent: "I think the online sale was great for people who didn't have access or the time to take off work to attend."
- Cambria, 31, business development coordinator: "I'm looking for some bags, some shoes, some Rag & Bone collection, some great pieces."
- Damon, 35, personal trainer: "I want colorful stuff, like pink polos, pastels, that sort of thing."
- Angel, 31, designer: "I didn't see that much online that I liked and I'm hoping there will be more in the store."
- Claire, 26, WreakHavocNY blogger, (left): "People will be a little more crazy because they will be looking for what they didn't see online." Claudia, 25, WreckHavocNY blogger (right): "I'm looking for Nicholas Kirkwood open toe booties."
- Sajaa, law student, 23 (left): "I looked online. I'm not sure if the same stuff will be here." Laura, account manager, 24: "I was disappointed it was online. It's sort of nice to go for it, instead of someone who isn't willing to get up early."
- Gerry, 17, student: "I don't think it's fair. Once I come to New York, the sale is available to me back home."
- Hannah, 19, student and fashion intern: "I signed up to see the preview and I wasn't too impressed so I'm hoping it's better here."
- Yusuke, 20, tourist: "There are good prices here and good coats. Japan is very expensive but the yen is stronger here."
The line outside the Barneys Warehouse Sale wasn't as long as it's been in past years, but the people waiting for up to 75% off designer labels were as dedicated—and as opinionated—as ever. Above, they tell us what they're hoping to buy and whether they shopped in the online sale. One surprising revelation: A lot of them didn't even realize the e-commerce component existed.—Reporting by Kelly Marshall
· Despite Changes, the Barneys Warehouse Sale Draws a Crowd [Racked NY]
· Dealfeed: Barneys Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]
· All Barneys Online Warehouse Sale coverage [Racked National]