Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
In case you missed them, here are the top stories from the week in Racked:
· Top Hat Wouldn't Exist if It Weren't For a Nepalese Airline Lottery
· Inside Nike's Biggest Running Store, New in the Flatiron District
· The 38 Essential New York Shopping Experiences, July 2012
· A Sample Sale Bouncer on Bribery, Bad Behavior, and Bargains
· Nine Cooking Supply Stores for a Well-Stocked Kitchen
· Drybar Adds Tribeca to Its Growing Manhattan Empire