Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Orla Kiely macrame shorts, $128 (were $300), poppy knit S/L top $119 (was $280), and pink patent scallop bag, $254 (was $460). White t-shirt dress, $106 (was $250) and pink/blue bag, $59 (was $115.)
- Orla Kiely macrame swimsuit, $164 (was $385)
- 3x1 jeans start at $100
- VPL Cocoon poncho, $198 (was $495)
- VPL Swag maxi, $150 (was $375)
- Vintage and rare magazines from VFILES, $5 to $20
- VFILES Hissy Miyake tee, $20
- VFILES Canine Klein tee, $20
- Surface to Air Tuba dress, $74 (was $185), bag, $100 (was $250), and t-strap heels, $184 (were $460)
- Surface to Air Cooper jacket, $92 (was $230) and jeans $92 (were $230)
- Dunderdon shoes, $158.40 (were $264)
- Dunderdon shirt, $101.40 (was $169)
- Michele Varian silk charmeuse pillow, $196 (was $280)
- Michele Varia jewelry, $75 to $300
- Agnes B tee, $112
- Agnes B shorts, $132
- Agnes B cardigan, $122
In the past year or so, South Soho has come into its own as a retail micro-neighborhood. Where Broadway has mega-chains like Uniqlo and Topshop, South Soho has smaller, cooler boutiques like 3x1, VPL, and Surface to Air. Now, these stores have banded together to form their own neighborhood association, and this Thursday, they'll be hosting the first annual South Soho Stoop Sale.
From 5pm to 9pm, get special discounts on dresses, denim, jewelry, and more—including the eighteen pieces we've rounded up in the slideshow above. Once you've worked up an appetite from all that shopping, you can grab dinner on-site; food vendors include the Red Hook Lobster Pound, Smile to Go, and the Van Leeuwen Ice Cream truck. Check out the group's Facebook page for a map of the festivities.
· The Times Takes a Look at How Cool South Soho Is [Racked NY]
· South Soho [Facebook]