Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Belted Shift Dress, $155
- The Tie Top in the polka dot print, $68
- The Tie Top in the stripe print, $68
- Women's Contrast Vest, $155
- The Convert Dress, $175
- The Cowl Top $88
- The Short Sleeve Base Shirt, $155
- The Short Sleeve Base Shirt in grey/white, $155
- The Base Shirt, $165
- The Bent Vest, $195
- The Straight Leg Jean, $168
- The Slim Fit Jean, $168
Brooklyn favorite Alter has just launched its first in-house clothing line, starting with a men's and women's capsule collection that's composed of 12 pieces in total. Expect the same kind of styles you'd typically find on the Alter racks: For women, there's a tie-up blouse that comes in polka dot and stripes, two printed dresses (one significantly more printed than the other), and one additional top and vest.
For men's, Alter dabbled in denim with a straight and slim fit, each with a signature "A" belt loop. To go with that are three summer buttondowns (two in seersucker and a third in a guazy cotton), and a vest that yes, matches the women's. Price points for the guy's stuff hovers around $150 and up, and women's starts at $68. Click through the gallery above to see all the looks, or check it all out at the Franklin Street and Graham Street locations.
· Alter Launches Clothing Line [Alter]
· Al Alter Coverage [Racked NY]