Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- A.L.C. sleeveless gathered waist dress, $394
- Zara tunic with back opening, 79.90
- Alice + Olivia Adalyn keyhole dress, $396
- Zimmermann Rebellion Bluebird drape dress, $550
- Joie Leonard dress, $398
- Trina Turk for Banana Republic Pisces strapless patio dress, $115
- Milly Ruffle wrap dress, $112
- Michael Michael Kors Drape-Shoulder dress, $120
- Jil Sander 3/4 length dress, $1,490
- Maje Lugazzi dress, $213
Let's try to tackle what you should wear to when attending a beach wedding. Here, you have the freedom to be a little more carefree with your color and hemline, since after all—this could potentially be a pretty informal wedding, depending on the couple. That being said, there are definitely some things to consider.
First: It's going to be windy out there, so pick something that's going to look nice flapping in the breeze (and something that won't fly above your shoulders). Keep in mind, too, that if you pick a long maxi dress, it will probably drag in the sand, so be sure to choose one that can handle a little wear and tear. And lastly, just because it's on the beach doesn't mean you should ever accessorize with a bikini top or unsightly flip flops.
· All Weddings Week 2012 Posts [Racked NY]
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]