Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Laugh Cry Repeat beige and neon silk shorts, $129 at Pixie Market
- J Brand Lola leather short, $394 at Barneys
- Gap canvas shorts, $39.95
- By Malene Birger Cool Casual shorts, $230
- Ann Taylor Resort shorts, $78
- Madison Marcus Achieve silk short, $190 at Bloomingdales
- Sandro Promesse shorts, $164.50
- Club Monaco Diaz lace shorts, $149
- Madewell Double-Dutch shorts, $59.50
- Phillip Lim layered shorts with skirt back panel (reverse skort!), $395
- Yumi Kim Natasha shorts, $128
- Zara shorts with front rib, $39.90
Now that humidity is back with a vengeance, it's time to rethink any outfit that covers more than three-fourths of your legs. In other words, it's officially shorts season, and while denim cut-offs probably did the trick on Memorial Day, you might need something a little less Wet Hot American Summer during the week.
In the gallery above, we've rounded up 12 pairs of dressy summer shorts from Thakoon Addition, Sandro, Club Monaco, and more. If your office gives high hemlines the thumbs up, there are a few options that can be paired with blouses and blazers. And then there's the leather pair from J Brand, which are probably best left for after 5pm.
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]