Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lady Gaga, in a Prada tuxedo, with Miuccia Prada (image via The Cut)
- Michelle Williams at last year's Met Ball wearing a Miu Miu dress
- Carey Mulligan in 2010 wearing a Miu Miu dress and Prada shoes
- Iman in 2010, wearing a Prada gown
- Tilda Swinton in Prada, 2008
- Kate Bosworth wearing a Prada dress in 2007
The red carpet at last year's Met Ball was naturally flooded with plenty of McQueen, but this year's gala might be slightly different in terms of who's going to show up in the exhibit's honored designers, Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli. First, because obtaining an original Schiaparelli isn't an easy. And second, because Miuccia, the only designer capable of objecting, is apparently being a tough cookie over who can show up in her designs.
According to a recent rumor, Coco Rocha is allegedly forbidden from wearing the label, given the fact that Prada "has a particular type" and she (somehow) might not be it. And one can only guess if Azealia Banks, the evening's not-so-secret performer, will make the cut.
So who is Prada's type? In previous years, Tilda Swinton, Kate Bosworth, and Iman have all worn Prada dresses, and Carey Mulligan and Michelle Williams have all opted for Miu Miu. And, in 2010, Lady Gaga wore that Prada tuxedo that was somehow never photographed on the red carpet. Alas, the photographers snagged her right before dinner.
· Coco Rocha Not Allowed To Wear Prada to This Year's Met Ball [Racked]
· Is Azealia Banks the Met Gala's Replacement for Nicki Minaj? [Racked NY]
· Next Met Costume Show: Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada [Racked NY]