Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Thakoon boots, $169.50
- Alexander Wang boots, $434.50 from $1,450
- Band of Outsiders cress, $100 (was $498)
- J Brand jeans, $35
- Narciso Rodriguez coat, no price
- The Row cashmere and mink sweater, $1,179.50 (from $6,000)
- Celine cheetah-print coat, $2,639 (was $5,279)
- Barneys NY trench, $495
- A.L.C. shorts, $59
- Baby's pink cashmere hat, $26 (was $104)
- Ann Demeulemeester jacket, no price
- Canali shirt, $100 (was $350)
- Dolce and Gabbana sneakers, $100 off of $345
- Massimo Alba sweater, $100
- Co-op jean shorts, $29 down from $95
- Piatelli coat, $425
Although there is a significantly smaller selection (or a significantly less good selection) at the Barneys Warehouse Sale, there are tons of new markdowns. All women's clothing and shoes are 50% off, while most men's sportswear is 60% off.
But if you're planning on heading down to the sale today, make sure you bring your patience, as the good items to be found are few and far between (especially in the women's section). However, with some hunting, we managed to find some great Balenciaga wedge sandals, a few cute basics from Barneys Co-op, Carven shorts, and a beautiful Prabal Gurung white coat. As always, the best things were in smaller and larger sizes.
In the men's section, hunting was also required. The suits and sport coats ranged from 25% to 40% off the lowest marked price, with brands ranging from Canali to Theory to A.P.C. There was a decent spread of dress shirts (25% off), and a few racks of coats (50% off). The shoe selection was sparse, but some good boots remained from Ami. One of the only sections that didn't seem to be picked over were the pajamas, so if you're in need of boxers or robes, now would be the time.
Both men's and women's accessories are 40% off, but don't get too excited: The selection was scant, to put it nicely. For specific pricing information, check out the slideshow above. But keep in mind that all the markdowns should get a little better over the weekend, since Barneys ought to cut them further before the sale ends this Sunday.—Michelle Persad
· All Barney's Warehouse Sale Coverage [Racked NY]
· Dealfeed: Barney's Warehouse Sale [Racked NY]