Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- If you're going to squeeze into one dress from the collection, this is the one to pick.
- For the logo-obsessed child
- There were many cardboard cutouts of children at the launch party. Also there: actual children. And fashion bloggers. And possibly some child bloggers.
- It's a mini wrap dress! This is an XXL large and would be great for, like, a ten-year-old.
- Cute lemony leggings
- The accessories are also adorable.
- These espadrilles have a tiny hint of a wedge, so Suri Cruise could wear them.
- Here is a waiter carrying a tray full of juice boxes.
- These are the kind of shopping bags you don't want to throw away.
- A giant DVF for GapKids banner dominates the airspace at the front of the store.
- And they went all out with advertising in the windows.
- Here's a front view from Fifth Avenue. Note that all four big windows have DVF in them.
Last night, we stopped by the launch party for DVF Hearts GapKids, the designer's (and grandma's) line for little girls. The good news: It's just as cute in person as it is in the look book. The bad news: Even if you're a tiny adult, you probably won't be able to wear any of the stuff. This is strictly for nieces, wee cousins, friends' kids, and/or your own adorable offspring.
Most of the pieces are sized only for little girls, like the wrap dress, which is a scaled-down version of the one that made DVF famous. But even the more physically forgiving numbers—like a sweet sundress that's multi-patterned on the bottom and stretchy black cotton on top—are very obviously styled for children. Lucky, lucky children.
The line will appear in all Gap Kids stores at 10am tomorrow and pop up online two hours later. If you're looking for an immersive DVF experience, the Gap's Fifth Avenue flagship is the way to go, since it's covered inside and out with ads for the collection, including cardboard cutouts and one enormous indoor banner.
· DVF's Gap Kids Collection Hits New York Stores Next Thursday [Racked NY]
· DVF Hearts GapKids [Gap]