Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Judith Leiber Genie Lamp Minaudière,
- BCBG Liza Haircalf Minaudière in bordeaux, $178
- Tory Burch Sparkle Suede Square Frame Clutch in anthracite or bronze, $295 e
- Diane von Furstenberg Tonda Small Singray Clutch in starry night, $495
- Zara Fringes Box Bag in black, $49.90
- Anndra Neen for Opening Ceremony Melted Mirror Clutch in brass/silver, $670 at Opening Ceremony
- Charlotte Olympia Pandora perspex clutch box in bamboo print, $895
- RACHEL Rachel Roy Deco Disco Minaudière Clutch in tortoise/black, $89 at Macy's
- Givenchy Obsedia Minaudière in black, $979 at Barneys New York
- Topshop Croc Frame Crossbody Bag in burgundy,
- Badgley Mischka Malve Clutch in spice, $206.50 at Bloomingdale's
Situated somewhere between the categories of jewelry and handbag lies the minaudière. Tiny and ornate, this handheld accessory is the attention-seeking cousin of the common clutch. While the minaudière was originally developed in the 1930's by Charles Arpels (you know, of Van Cleef & Arpels), it is having a renaissance today—just in time for holiday party season.
Pair down your purse to the essentials (ID, phone, lipstick, cash) and check out Judith Leiber's genie lamp concoction, a gilded suede number from Tory Burch, and a melted mirror clutch that you can only find at Opening Ceremony. Click through the gallery above for eleven minaudière options, ranging from fifty bucks to nearly six thousand. —Nicola Fumo
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked NY]