Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Bergdorf Goodman's Jazz Age windows
- One of Saks Fifth Avenue's large-scale projections
- A scene from the Lord & Taylor 75th anniversary holiday windows that celebrated Christmas traditions around the world.
- The Electric Holiday video display at Barneys
- Bloomingdale's Cirque du Soleil spectacular
- The Henri Bendel Great Gatsby windows
- The Macy's "Magic of Christmas" windows
This year, the holiday windows at the city's major department stores definitely didn't disappoint. Overall, the themes included everything from the Great Gatsby to Cirque du Soleil, with cameos from Disney characters, famous yetis, and more. In the gallery above, we've included one image from each of the players—Bergdorf, Saks, Lord & Taylor, Barneys, Bloomingdale's, Henri Bendel, and Macy's—with a link to additional images. Click through, and then take our poll after the jump and tell us which you liked best.