Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Racked's holiday gift guide, for all of those people in your life that are beyond hard to shop for: step-siblings, co-workers, your wacky dad, and your boyfriend's mom (because you seriously cannot give her another scarf). Check back weekly for gift ideas covering all of those unconventional but loveable characters who make your holiday season... unique.
- If you don't know anything more than her name, gift her an Erica Weiner Letterpress Necklace in gold plate customized with her initials,
- If all you know about him is that he's a "total coffee snob" (or if he's wrapping up his first semester of undergrad), gift him the Stumptown Grand Cru Collection, $60<
- If you know she Trick-or-Treated as a princess this year, she's bound to love this J.Crew glitter belt, $22
- If his drawings cover the family fridge (or she's thinking about an architecture degree), gift Thibaud Herem's Draw Me a House,
- If all you know about him is his favorite sports team, here's a retro NFL beanie, $25 at The Sock Hop
- If you know she has the latest iPhone but also really likes vintage, present her with this Rich Neely Designs Vintage iPhone Book Charger, $68 at Anthropologie
- If all you know is that she has a smartphone (and the vintage book charger isn't her thing), give her these C. Wonder Tech Touch Gloves in black/ecru, $2
- If he has a beard and you're fairly certain he rides a fixed gear bike, consider this Dewers x FSC Travel Bag, $150 at Freemans Sporting
- If all you know is that he's a little boy, give him this Remote Control Spaceman, $26 at the MoMA Store
- And when all else fails, there's always Mast Brothers Chocolate, available in packs of 5 to 25, $40-$175
This week, we've rounded up ten agreeable gifts for the kids, teens, and peers that you know virtually nothing about but are semi-obligated to give a gift, such as your brand new step-sibling, your boyfriend's cousin, or your study abroad host. Click through the gallery above for gift ideas from the likes of Erica Weiner, C. Wonder, The MoMA Store, and more.—Nicola Fumo
· All Holiday Gift Guides [Racked NY]