Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Trinity Place on Trinity Place
- Elleez New York lace blouse, $75
- Rock’n Royalty jewelry, $100 to $200, and Matatraders jewelry, $20
- Bracelets and earrings ranging from $18 to $22
- Le Bunny Bleu shoes, $40 to $150
- Le Bunny Bleu flats
- PACT Apparel and The Leather Satchel Co. satchels
- Graphic tanks, $35
- The main floor
- Sylvia Lee skirts and dresses
It's rare for an entire department store to appear out of nowhere, and it's even rarer for affordable fashion to pop up in the Financial District. So when we heard that trendy new three-story shop Trinity Place was opening downtown, we had to take a look.
The store's website lists the entrance at 61 Broadway, but it's actually on Trinity Place at Exchange Plaza. The first floor, which carries womenswear and shoes from parent company Le Bunny Bleu, is already open, but the second and third floors are still under construction. They'll house men's and children's, respectively.
The main floor doesn't fully resemble the renderings; it's more relaxed, with natural textures like leather upholstery. Wooden tables scattered around the room are topped with jewelry and other accessories, but no area is particularly cluttered. In fact, the space feels minimalist, teetering on empty. (We're told more pieces are coming soon.)
Check out the slideshow above for some examples of the merchandise, which ranges from sleek and neutral pieces from Veneno en la Piel to luminous pastels from Sylvia Lee to cut-out printed dresses from Goldie London. Between the modern, streamlined suits, the bohemian jewelry, and the vintage-esque romantic blouses and dresses, there's enough variety to appeal to a broad swath of downtown shoppers. Clothing prices run from $35 to $600, with most pieces tagged somewhere between $100 and $250.—Kelly Marshall
· New Department Store Trinity Place Suddenly Appears Downtown[RackedNY]
· First Impressions: Trinity Place Department Store [Tribeca Citizen]
· Trinity Place [Official Site]