Surveying the Damage in Lower Manhattan
- Racked boss Lockhart Steele surveyed the damage at the South Street Seaport. He writes, "The legendary first J. Crew location took on a good bit of water. Mannequin carnage inside."
- More from Lock: "The Fulton Mall. All of this was under at least five feet of water at peak of storm."
- Also from Lock: "Smashed front window at Ann Taylor store. Wasn't much looting, though, as tons of merch remains strewn inside. A total mess."
- Earlier today, Whole Foods gave away frozen food in Tribeca. Image via @katebetts.
- This morning, Rite Aid on Grand Street (on the LES) was letting in shoppers one by one. Here's a picture of the line via The Lo-Down.
- Also this morning, people waited in line for food and water outside Fine Fare on the Lower East Side. Image via The Lo-Down.
- Prince Street was empty circa 9:45am. Image via @TomNamako/Twitter.
- Working out in the dark at The Bar Method Soho around lunchtime. Photo via Facebook.
- Crowds gathered outside Rag & Bone in Nolita, a rare downtown corner with cell phone reception. Image via @bringmedabir/Twitter.