Fifth Avenue Post Sandy
- Fifth Avenue between 48th and 49th didn't look too different from any other day.
- It may have helped that some of the stores were open, although who is buying sunglasses in this weather?
- Ted Baker, down the block, was closed.
- H&M: Totally empty.
- Uniqlo's famous escalators were turned off for the day.
- There was no line in front of Hollister.
- But there were a bunch of sandbags.
- Zara was eerily quiet.
- Free People and its Rockefeller Center ilk were all still closed.
- And Saks Fifth Avenue was still boarded up.