Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- For Rihanna: Tavik’s Belladonna one-piece, $41.40 at Oak's 30/40/50 sale. Skin + hot pink leopard print + suggestive geometric print + more skin = Rihanna’s dream suit!
- For Zooey Deschanel: A Robert Rodriguez
- For Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher: Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
- For Dita Von Teese: Givenchy skirt, $499 at Barneys. This pencil skirt paired with a plunging neckline creates Dita's slinky retro look.
- For Rooney Mara: Lena Lumelsky's leather dress, $808 at Opening Ceremony. Mara dresses just like her character Lisbeth Salander, and nothing says "Angry
- For Kristen Wiig: Kai-Aakmann fold-over pant, $46.20 at Oak's 30/40/50 sale. Don’t be fooled by her kooky SNL characters; this girl’s got style. These Kai-Aakmann pants are the comfy casual equivalen
- For Tilda Swinton: Mandy Coon’s silk organza and leather jumpsuit, $243 at Opening Ceremony. Maybe it’s the model's short hair, thin face, and wraith-li
- For Gwyneth Paltrow: Versace Versus dress, $119 at Opening Ceremony. Because Gwyneth has never said no to a dress that’s short and black, she can add th
- For Emma Stone: A
- For Angelina Jolie: 3.1 Phillip Lim draped wrap
Sometimes shopping for yourself can get so tedious. That's a lie. Shopping for yourself is fun all the time, always. But let's pretend it can be tiresome for a second and brainstorm how to get out of this (imaginary) rut. We can't all just buy dogs or have babies when we want to dress something cute, but you know who can? Celebrities. So while they're picking out outfits for their pets, we'll do the same for them. And the best part is that we have the city's biggest sales—at Bergdorf, Barneys, Saks, Opening Ceremony, and Oak—to make our My Size Celebrity Dress-Up fest good, clean, affordable(ish) fun.
· Three After-Holiday Sales That Just Got a Lot Better [Racked NY]
· Oak's 30/40/50 Sale Has Some Serious Staying Power [Racked NY]
· SaleWire: Bergdorf Goodman [Racked NY]