Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This hot, steamy (and let's face it, quiet) Friday afternoon is the perfect time to revisit Shopping the Personals, the Racked feature wherein we comb through the retail-based Missed Connections listings on Craigslist.
A pair of made connections at the Soho Hollister via ideeli blog
In the past, we've visited missed-moments stomping grounds like the grocery store checkout aisles, the iPhone line at the Apple Store and, of course, the steam room at the gym. So how about some some fashion-inspired unrequited encounters?
1) Hollister, Soho: "You seemed pretty down and upset, But seemed like a great a person, i'd like to learn more about you." [Listing]
2) J. Crew, Madison Avenue: "I came in twice late this afternoon, for shorts. Enjoyed chatting. Drink sometime?" [Listing]
3) Bookmarc, Bleecker Street: "Red Dress, Red lipstick, Perfect style. You made me shy—I was SO crushing on you—We spoke about something—Tell me what—And Tell me when i can take you out." [Listing]
4) Alexander McQueen Exhibit, Metropolitan Museum of Art: "Handsome white-watch guy with female in tow. I asked you what you thought about the exhibit. Sorry we couldn't chat more, seems we were both distracted by our companions (friends in my case) and I was pressed for time and had to leave. There was something about you I found very intriguing. Are you out there?" [Listing]
· All Shopping for the Personals Coverage [Racked NY]