Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- This is the London shop, but the Broadway store looks very similar.
- Crochet bra and knickers, Topshop Boutique, $130. Image via Topshop.
- Crown, Nasir Mazhar, US pricing not available. Image via Topshop.
- Metal comb, Nasir Mazhar, $90. Image via Topshop.
- Organza dress, Topshop Boutique, $200. Image via Topshop.
- Black lace dress, Topshop Boutique, $300. Image via Topshop.
- A silk-panel top, Topshop Boutique, US pricing not available. Image via Topshop.
Right now, there's a Topshop employee standing in front of the store's Broadway entrance, handing out fliers for the pop-up shop upstairs. So much for the secret hideaway we were picturing. While the space isn't exactly a hidden hobbit-hole, though, the special entrance and armloads of flowers do make it feel like a shelter from the tourist chaos of Soho.
Located at the top of the escalator on the second floor, the pop-up, which opened today, announces itself with a false front designed to look like a florist's shop. You can't miss it, especially since there's a sign announcing that it's a secret pop-up standing front and center. Inside is a lovely little room dominated by an antique wooden table full of jewelry. Pieces from Topshop's designer collaborations hang on the walls, including a woven leather Ann-Sofie Back spangled with dreamcatchers for $280. (We're told a matching necklace will arrive in-store later this week.) Prices are a little steep, if totally in keeping with Topshop's usual range for special pieces: A lace dress is $550, a floral top is $175, and a delicate white gown the salespeople referred to as "Amish" goes for $350. It's all very limited-edition, so get there fast—Topshop only produced as few as 30 pieces for some styles.
· Topshop Is Launching a Secret Pop-Up Shop [Racked NY]
· We've Got a Secret [Topshop]